• PugJesus
    link
    fedilink
    127 months ago

I agree with your broader point that there’s a deeper issue with American voters who want fascism, but the normalization of far-right politics with ‘both sides’ horse-race bullshit has fed that problem, and very often there still is pushback to Trump and his ilk being described with the correct terms in the media. Only a few (relatively) left-leaning outlets note it with any regularity.

• Nougat
      link
      fedilink
      47 months ago

I know I kind of went off on a rant there, it wasn’t pointed at you. I follow ABC, CNN, NBC, MSNBC pretty regularly, and all of those are now (over the last few weeks) consistently reporting the real danger in real terms (MSNBC leads by a country mile, of course).

• PugJesus
        link
        fedilink
        37 months ago

Really? I haven’t followed CNN closely in years, but they were always pretty wishy-washy, and what articles I’ve seen from them recently have been very… ‘both sides’.

• Nougat
          link
          fedilink
          17 months ago

Ah, I’m watching clips from broadcasts on YouTube. Maybe broadcast and print are handling things differently?

I’ll note that ABC has been on point with a lot of scoops. They’ve got to have a contact inside somewhere in relation to the many notable civil and criminal trials going on.

I had checked out on CNN for a while, too, since they shifted pretty center-right, but figured I should keep up with them in order to stay aware of what that perspective is. I’ll catch a Fox News bit here and there, but I’m not putting them in my feed. If you have any other suggestions, I welcome them.