a.k.a. the 90–9–1 principle. Does the Fediverse follow this rule, or are there more creators here as early adopters? Are you a creator, a participator or a lurker?

• @milesOP
    link
    English
    111 months ago

Wow I got your one comment per year 😀 What sorts of stuff are you interested in, and how well does the current Fediverse offerings line up with them? What would you like to see?

• @cbug@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      211 months ago

Variety is the spice of life. I could start on one wiki page and end up with 20 tabs open 2 hours later. Exposure to a vast knowledge base is part of what makes this type of platform great. Hopefully the influx of new users will help the smaller communities thrive here.

I enjoy playing devil’s advocate, so sorting by controversial and seeing differing opinions is a breath of fresh air. It’s nice to keep my mind open to new ideas. I’m not sure if that’s possible on Lemmy but I haven’t explored much yet. If not, it would be a cool feature to see.

I also use this as a form of mind numbing entertainment. As such, it would be nice to see videos. I know this will be tough given how instances are hosted, but hopefully we find a way to make it work.