• @OpenStars
    link
    English
    66 months ago

The ONLY mega-pastor of an Evangelical, Protestant group of churches in America, that I have EVER heard of who acknowledged Trump’s moral failings (of being a lying rape-y sack of shit at best, and at worst someone who has attempted literal genocide) is John Piper. The fact that he knew already that he was old and dying of a wasting disease probably helped him care less about the fall-out that doing so would certainly cause, i.e. his career was already (mostly) over. In any case, THAT dude has earned my MAJOR respect. Which is not to say that I agree with or even understand everything he says - e.g. he is heavily anti-abortion, though to his credit he seems to acknowledge that Christian judgement should be reserved for other Christians and not extended to non-Christians, and I wonder if he would consider medical exemptions and such (at a guess… yes?).

But those religious freaks who twist the words of the Bible away from the likes of “workers deserve their wages”, and “take care of widows and orphans”, and “justice good, bribery/corruption bad” (all summed up in the infamous words of the most holy prophets Bill & Ted: “Be Most Excellent To One Another, Dudes!”) to say that basically Christianity = voting Republican, can fuck all the way off! :-(

Especially given Trump’s official COVID policy of letting the virus have its (usually non-consensual) way with us, which reminds me of that scene in Braveheart, like won't it affect some of us?.