Hella unlikely they were used to knit gloves

• @Sagifurius@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    -46 months ago

dude, they’re just using their thumb instead of a spool with nails in it, or perhaps these weird objects. its the same thing.

• @andros_rex@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      46 months ago

It might be helpful to try both techniques yourself.

You can buy a spool at Walmart for pretty cheap, they’re often available at thrift stores for less. You’ll want to look up an “i-cord” tutorial. Any old yarn will do honestly, the acrylic super savers will work.

Nålbinding will require that you use wool. The joining process involves felting the ends together (an extra knitter might do this, but it’s not necessary - it’s okay to tie them together because you’re weaving in ends afterwards). Felting is using water and patience to shape wool. For practice, you can use a cheap plastic tapestry needle honestly - save money here because the wool is going to run you a bit more.

I find nålbinding uncomfortable and slow, personally.

• @iheartneopets@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      36 months ago

Do you also think crochet and knitting are the same? This is a totally different fiber art. I both knit and crochet and would not be able to hop right into this; totally different movements and methods and ways of weaving the yarn. Just because the products are similar does not make it the same.

I hope you’re trolling because you’re getting me good lmao