LOL.

We pay for 4K, but we don’t get more than 720p unless we use some proprietary shit hardware and agree to their super-invasive “privacy policy” - and they expect people to NOT set sail in the high seas? GTFO…

• deweydecibel
    link
    fedilink
    English
    05 months ago

How the fuck do you expect me to just jump into The Two Towers and not expect me to want to watch The Fellowship of the Ring first?! Oh you think I’m going to go buy/rent the first movie 😂 that’s cute.

How do people still not grasp that Netflix can’t just buy whatever they want to stream? Licenses are often being held by other services at the time. They also have no control over if a show gets pulled or not. I still see people complaining that Netflix “got rid” of the Office.

Like, I have no love for Netflix or any streaming service at this point, but at least shit on them for things that are actually in their control.

And frankly, this is how HBO, Showtime, Stars, etc have operated like this for decades before Netflix came along. It’s so weird people think “shows/movies being pulled because the license deal expired” is something unique to Netflix.

• @NoneYa@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      215 months ago

That rhetorical question goes out to those who hold the rights. I know Netflix had no control. I just find it weird that studios/etc. felt that was a wise decision.

• @SocialEngineer56@notdigg.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      75 months ago

Music industry seemed to figure it out pretty well. Except for a few rare case outliers, it doesn’t matter if I’m using Apple Music, Spotify, Amazon music, etc. Sure they all have different features, but I can blast Taylor Swift to my heart’s content and never leave one app