• LazaroFilm
      link
      fedilink
      English
      588 months ago

Why not? A politician who wants to regulate something that was controlled to oppress minorities doesn’t deserve my vote. So no I won’t vote solely for weed, but it is a strong factor in my voting choice because it is symptomatic of a bigger political view.

• @pearsaltchocolatebar
        link
        edit-2
        8 months ago

According to the Nixon administration it was weed for hippies and cocaine for black people.

But there are so many reasons to legalize it, and none to keep it illegal, that anyone who’s against it is a moron.

• @PeepinGoodArgs@reddthat.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      158 months ago

Trump voters base their votes on the imagined scenario where their lives were better under Trump. So, basing it on weed is just better.

• BarqsHasBite
      link
      fedilink
      128 months ago

Ok I’ll base it off wasting money on a war on drugs and losing out on all that tax revenue. Fiscal responsibility.

• @pjwestin@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      118 months ago

Agreed. Base it off ending draconian drug laws designed to profit the prison industrial complex. Starting with weed.

• zak
        link
        fedilink
        78 months ago

The rational thing like choreographed cable news debacles and small petty tribalist controversies within the news cycles

• @ULS@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        edit-2
        8 months ago

Their entire image and policies as a whole. Weigh it out and see if they balance the positives and negatives. It’s never going to be all good, there’s always going to be some bad.

• @ULS@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        edit-2
        8 months ago

Now that’s how you make good choices! Cool calm and relaxed. Level headed.

• Flying Squid
      link
      fedilink
      18 months ago

Considering I could get arrested for just using a plant that, if I don’t use it, I’m in a lot of physical pain due to a nerve disorder that pharmaceuticals alone can’t take care of, I think weed will be a big part of my vote.