I asked if people chose iPhone for the blue bubbles elsewhere a couple days ago, and while there was some good discourse on that post, the blue bubbles definitely also came up as a reason.

In my experience, when people find out my texts are green, they oftentimes would rather switch to a different platform altogether like Instagram or just not text at all.

Is this actually a deal-breaker in friendships out there?

• @SuperSpruce@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    -61 year ago

Absolutely definitely yes.

In high school and continuing into university, everyone would play the iMessage/Snapchat games that only work with iOS. The few Android users, including me, were 2nd class citizens.

Using Android has absolutely cost me several potential friendships and looking back I genuinely should’ve spent the money and bought the inferior iPhone.

• @Xallec
      link
      English
      21 year ago

No, you should not have. Those “friends” did you a favor by showing you how shallow they were.

• @SuperSpruce@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        11 year ago

This is literally 80% of people in my high school and 60% of people at my university though. It’s insane how pervasive Apple has become.

90-95% of people at my high school had iPhones, and 85-90% do at my university. 50% of people have AirPods for both cases. And these numbers are only trending upwards. Apple is unstoppable.

• @WiildFiire@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      21 year ago

If they didn’t want to be friends with you because you couldn’t play pool through a texting app, they weren’t worth being friends with in the first place.

• @richieadler@lemmy.myserv.one
      link
      fedilink
      English
      111 months ago

Using Android has absolutely cost me several potential friendships

Why would you want to have people like that as friends?

If anything, I use that as information. If trash doesn’t take itself out, you have information to do it yourself.

• @SuperSpruce@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        111 months ago

This is literally 80% of people in my high school and 60% of people at my university though. It’s insane how pervasive Apple has become.

90-95% of people at my high school had iPhones, and 85-90% do at my university. 50% of people have AirPods for both cases. And these numbers are only trending upwards. Apple is unstoppable.