Basically trying to see if I should wait for any exciting phone or get a Xiaomi 13T right now

• @BlazeOP
      link
      English
      25 months ago

They seem to be good devices, the main issue I have is the average battery life. Hopefully future models will fix this.

• Avid Amoeba
        cake
        link
        fedilink
        English
        edit-2
        5 months ago

Don’t know what your expectations are but my 8 Pro does 30-40 hours on a full charge. 6.5%/h during screen-on, 1.5%/h during screen-off. To me that’s pretty good. If the move to manufacture future Tensor SoCs at TSMC is true, the first one made there would add a measurable boost to battery life too.

• @BlazeOP
          link
          English
          15 months ago

That sounds good, the issues I’ve seen are mostly on a and non-Pro series, which I guess have smaller batteries?

• LifeBandit666
            link
            fedilink
            English
            25 months ago

I have a 7a. The battery life is enough to get Mr through a shift at work and a half hour charge 12 hours later gets me through the rest of the day.

I got a case with a magsafe on the back and bought a little magsafe power bank. Wireless charging with it puts my battery at a standstill, and I can use it to charge my ecig and my headphones, so for £15 it’s useful.

• Avid Amoeba
            cake
            link
            fedilink
            English
            25 months ago

They also have smaller screens which decreases the power consumption, typically balancing it out. The power consumption during screen-off would be the same, so there would be slight hit there from the smaller battery.

There’s also difference between the Pixel 8 and older series in that the 8’s Tensor is made on a smaller process node which makes it more power efficient than 7 and 6.

• @BlazeOP
              link
              English
              15 months ago

more power efficient than 7 and 6.

Yes, those seems to really have the bigger issues on that regard