Rewrite: January 2024

Welcome one and all to BestOfLemmy! The goal of this community is “manual curation”. Please post good (or best!!) posts you find around Lemmy, highlighting the discussions, communities, and people that make up the Lemmyverse.

The only real rule is manual curation. That is, if YOU think a post is worth sharing, that’s good enough. Don’t make automatic bots or algorithms (though you can use algorithms to aid you, like search engines or top-of-Lemmy lists… a human decision should be involved in deciding that a post is good enough to highlight).

• @Blaze
    link
    English
    15 months ago

To be honest, I think there are no more submissions because people just forgot about this community

• Ook the Librarian
      link
      fedilink
      English
      15 months ago

Ok, so maybe complaining will bump it. This honestly should be a thriving place.

I for one, read the welcome message and thought “this isn’t what is thought it was”. I was hoping for a drop in of bestOfReddit. But of course, that is the wrong attitude. Lemmy is its own thing. I don’t want to treat it as bestofreddit for lemmy unless that was the mods’ intent.

• @Blaze
        link
        English
        15 months ago

To be fair, I think it’s kind of a bestofReddit thing now.