Basically trying to see if I should wait for any exciting phone or get a Xiaomi 13T right now

• LifeBandit666
    link
    fedilink
    English
    35 months ago

I was happy with my Nord OG then the Wife said I could have a Pixel 7a and it would cost me less per month than my SIM only contract, so I said “Yeah fuck it.”

My son is happy with his new Nord and I’m honestly just meh about phones now.

I was well into the ROM scene back in the day. Now I’m old and bored of it all.

• @blackn1ght@feddit.uk
      link
      fedilink
      English
      35 months ago

Yeah I’m in the same boat. I used to follow Android news religiously and keep up with all the phones. Now I couldn’t care less, they’re just a tool.

Same with the whole running Linux on my PC, it was fun to mess about with when I had the time, but now I’m older with a family, I just don’t care.

• LifeBandit666
        link
        fedilink
        English
        15 months ago

Linux was my main OS for decades. My Dad (Boomer) would buy PCs and Laptops for work and I’d get the old one that was “fucked” and I’d bang Ubuntu on it and run it into the ground. Then a friend gave me a gaming pc he made out of his spare parts for me and told me I wasn’t allowed to put Linux on it.

Fair enough, it boots before the monitor switches on, I’m not gonna break it!