• @RGB3x3@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    245 months ago

The second one felt like an extended visual demo.

I can name 2 characters from the entire movie. And one of them was a side character. Jake Sully and Spider.

The story was inconsequential (meaning everything that happened progressed nothing) and forgettable.

• @Swedneck@discuss.tchncs.de
      link
      fedilink
      55 months ago

i maintain that cameron should just have gotten david attenburough and made a kickass scifi documentary about pandora, much like how apple did with prehistoric planet

• @RGB3x3@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        25 months ago

Dude, that would actually be really cool.

Are there scifi documentaries like that? Ones that explore fake worlds as if they’re real to basically just show off creativity and the possibilities of life on other worlds?

• @RGB3x3@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        35 months ago

Shit, the only one I really remember is Neytiri (the costar). Was Loak one of the kids?

Anyway, I came out of the theater impressed by the visuals, but feeling like I couldn’t remember one important story beat. I mean, what was even the point if literally nothing changed from the beginning to end except for the locale?

Maybe it’ll make more sense as part of the series, like a music album with songs that work better when the album is played straight through.