• @AA5B@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    -15 months ago

Yeah the foreign films coming up are the worst. I’m sure it’s great for the people who speak those languages but I don’t generally find it entertaining to watch with subtitles. It’s annoying when they keep coming up on recommended and even worse when it takes more clicks to see the language then to just start it.

Somehow Netflix thinks I speak Norwegian and I didn’t see a way to turn that off

Anyway -1 premium account, when they started down their path to enshittification

• @coin@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      English
      115 months ago

I hate Netflix as much as anyone here but “how dare Netflix recommend foreign content to me” is the most American thing I’ve ever heard.

• @AA5B@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        -15 months ago

I guess, but shouldn’t it be a fundamental configuration to only see things whose language you know?

• @coin@feddit.nl
          link
          fedilink
          English
          45 months ago

Eh, I’m personally completely fine watching content in other languages and so is pretty much everyone I know. I would never want to limit myself to content in languages I understand. Actually, I think the majority of stuff I watch is foreign content.

But to each their own of course and I guess it couldn’t hurt if they added the option, but I think expecting it as a “fundamental configuration” says more about you than about how bad Netflix is. There are much better arguments for that.