• Cogency
    link
    fedilink
    edit-2
    5 months ago

What they were saying is, is that’s not enough time for the nitrogen to displace the co2 in their lungs for the peaceful part to happen. It’s not hypoxia that they die from its the suffocation.

• AggressivelyPassive
      link
      fedilink
      35 months ago

CO2 isn’t “replaced”, it’s getting breathed away like in a normal atmosphere. The atmosphere is 70% nitrogen, it’s not like it’s a toxic gas.

• Cogency
        link
        fedilink
        edit-2
        5 months ago

The fact that you don’t understand displacement of lung (and bloodstream) gas content tells me you don’t have enough of a medical background to understand wtf you are talking about.

• AggressivelyPassive
          link
          fedilink
          25 months ago

The fact that you’re repeating the same words again and again tells me, you just read something you don’t quite understand and act like an expert now.

• Cogency
            link
            fedilink
            edit-2
            5 months ago

I’m not the one with the burden of proof to prove that it is painless.

Read about the fact that the scientific community can not study the death penalty from within most death penalty states to actually provide anything more than individual testimonials. The scientific community does not support the conclusion that hypoxia is in any way painless. https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/