• @Master@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    61 year ago

I understand I just think your argument is weak for it. You are telling someone to self censor news they post and you could just as easily self censor news you read.

If it’s such a trigger topic for you that you lash out on someone posting news about it then maybe you need to self evaluate and make better choices about what news you take in.

• DMmeYourNudes
      link
      fedilink
      English
      -41 year ago

You are telling someone to self censor news they post and you could just as easily self censor news you read.

the problem isn’t the news i as an individual am reading. you do not understand the problem.

• DMmeYourNudes
          link
          fedilink
          English
          -51 year ago

so you’re just oblivious to the last 8 years of US politics. okay.

• @Master@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            41 year ago

I’ve been around the past 8 years. I’m just not trying to bury my head like an ostrich because I cant control what I read.

I get the argument that we shouldnt be revering these people by continually discussing them. But my beliefs are more along the lines that history should be discussed and the action of these people should be discussed so it stays in the forefront and people know.

• DMmeYourNudes
              link
              fedilink
              English
              -41 year ago

history proves that acknowledging this kind of threat legitimizes its power.