These days I searched and try to understand more about Mastodon alternatives, and see Pleroma and Misskey (and his forks) are more lightweight than Mastodon, and saw some people says Mastodon has some security vulnerabilities.

However, I have encountered some difficulties in understanding some things. Some instances block other instances. Some says you can only speak in English. Others seem private and I don’t understand if I can see content from other platforms. Etc, etc…I know are differents instances rules and fully respect that, but on other point of view, dont understand very well which I can choose to see all content from all platforms.

Now, I would like to use one of these platforms to watch content and be able to speak in English, as well as speaking in my mother tongue. But I have always backed away because it has been difficult to understand some things.

Basically, I would like to know which is the best platform to interact with, one that has the minimum privacy and security rules, where I can see other instances of other platforms (be it Mastodon, Pleroma, etc., etc.), and where I can speak in my mother tongue. At this point, I’m little confused, to be honest.

My favorite content is sport, music and technology, but I’m also afraid of entering an instance that isn’t suited to this.

If you can help me, I would appreciate it.

• @Blaze
    link
    English
    55 months ago

I would suggest to find an instance in your mother language, it’s the easiest way to find content in that language. When I want to see Spanish content, I go to masto.es. Some other languages use other platforms (usually Misskey forks)

• @dez@lemmy.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      45 months ago

You are spanish? If yes, I can call you mi hermano.

Thank you for your advice. Didnt know Mastodon has an instance from my native language from my country tbh. And I really doubts if Pleroma or Misskey has instances where I can see posts from my language, but as I said, dont know if speak my language is valid or not there…