• @hOrni@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    775 months ago

“They may be called the Palace Guard, the City Guard, or the Patrol. Whatever the name, their purpose in any work of heroic fantasy is identical: it is, round about Chapter Three (or ten minutes into the film) to rush into the room, attack the hero one at a time, and be slaughtered. No one ever asks them if they want to. This book is dedicated to those fine men.” ― Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

• southsamurai
          link
          fedilink
          English
          edit-2
          5 months ago

The formatting shows different depending on what app/style/extensions are being used.

On my screen, the “.” Shows as a link, with the rest of it as a note underneath with the link preview.

On a different app, it doesn’t show anything but the entire thing, not as a link.

But I use a text expansion to insert the entirety, which goes back to the Clacks overhead. In markdown, it normally shows as , depending on exactly what markdown a given site uses.

I should probably set up a lemmy specific version that’s GNU TerryPratchett, but it just seems weird to change the standard format for it considering why it came into being in the first place.