• CheezyWeezle
    link
    fedilink
    485 months ago

I got something stupid like a 96 on the ASVAB and I just told the first air force guy I smoked a lot of weed and I never heard from any military again lmao

It was tempting when they offered me to go right into a program to become a satellite operator starting off making $125k/year immediately after boot camp… but I don’t regret not taking that offer. Who knows what would have actually materialized, anyways. Probably would have been 6 years deep dreaming of hopefully seeing 6 figures one day while I end up managing logistics or something.

• @The_v@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      125 months ago

My highschool made us take it as well. My school also made us take the SAT or ACT for the required 0.5 career credit. I do not remeber the actual scores after all his time, just that it was at the maximum on a few.

I understand they tried calling on me for years but never tracked me down. I skipped my senior year of highschool and went to college. Between work, school, and coeds, I was rarely home for them to bother me.

• @pearsaltchocolatebar
      link
      95 months ago

That offer was a lie. They have no power to offer you a specific position.

• @stoly@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        35 months ago

It was the fact that you can sign up for years but not be guaranteed the job you signed up for that kept me from joining.