A fake recording of a candidate saying he’d rigged the election went viral. Experts say it’s only the beginning::Days before a pivotal election in Slovakia to determine who would lead the country, a damning audio recording spread online in which one of the top candidates seemingly boasted about how he’d rigged the election.

• @RobotToaster@mander.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    165 months ago

How do we know it’s fake, and he’s not just claiming it’s fake? Unless I missed it the article doesn’t seem to cover that.

IMCO people claiming real recordings are AI fakes is going to be a bigger problem than actual fakes.

• @Gamera8ID
      link
      English
      125 months ago

You might be kidding, but the answer is: The outcome plus Occam’s Razor.

a candidate saying he’d rigged the election

the candidate…was defeated

Which is more likely, that he was recorded while lying about rigging the election that he ended up losing or that the recording was faked?

• @RobotToaster@mander.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        English
        edit-2
        5 months ago

He could just be really bad at rigging elections!

I guess I missed that rather obvious conclusion while I was looking for some technical explanation, thanks for pointing that out.

• @Gamera8ID
          link
          English
          35 months ago

No worries.

I do agree with you that we’re likely to see just as many (if not more) guilty politicians claiming AI fakes when they’re caught red-handed as we will see framed politicians targeted with actual AI fakes. Just not in this case.

• @Nurse_Robot@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      5 months ago

IMCO

I’m not familiar with this one. I assume “in my concerned opinion” but I really want it to be “in my cumble opinion”