• AutoTL;DRB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    25 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

WASHINGTON (AP) — The longstanding concerns about President Joe Biden’s age and memory intensified on Thursday after the release of a special counsel’s report investigating his possession of classified documents.

The White House pushed back on the characterizations of Biden’s memory in a Feb. 5 letter from the president’s lawyers that was published in special counsel Robert Hur’s report.

Biden noted in a statement issued Thursday that he had sat for five hours of interviews with Hur’s team over two days on Oct. 8 and 9, “even though Israel had just been attacked on October 7th and I was in the middle of handling an international crisis.”

The release of the report overlapped with recent Biden speeches in which he mistakenly claimed to talk with European leaders — France’s Francois Mitterand and Germany’s Helmut Kohl — who had, in fact, not held office since the 1990s and had died several years ago.

Joe Biden is unfit to lead this nation,” said Alex Pfeiffer, a spokesman for Make America Great Again Inc., the main super PAC backing Trump’s candidacy.

Shortly before the special counsel’s report was publicly released, White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre was playing down Biden’s gaffes at the daily news briefing.

The original article contains 926 words, the summary contains 203 words. Saved 78%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!