• @Zaktor@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    45 months ago

Well, that’s not great.

Hur is Republican, but he doesn’t have anything really egregious in his past to suggest he’s a hardcore ideologue. But man does it sound like that report was constructed for political purposes. On the other hand, those are direct quotes, and lying about that would be a significantly worse act than trying to describe the president unkindly. And if he were a regular suspect, saying he’s a kindly old man with memory problems wouldn’t really be inappropriate, and would be relevant for whether he should be held culpable, so I guess it’s plausible Hur’s trying to be objective.

• @ira@lemmy.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      5 months ago

Hur was appointed as special counsel by Garland who was appointed by Biden.

• @cranakis@reddthat.com
        link
        fedilink
        65 months ago

Hur is a Republican. Garland picked him to pacify the Republicans. His opinion of Biden doesn’t mean anything to me.

• @ira@lemmy.mlOP
          link
          fedilink
          05 months ago

On a scale of 1-10 how pacified would you say Republicans are right now?

• @ira@lemmy.mlOP
              link
              fedilink
              05 months ago

This whole thing is McGovern 2.0. Biden is self-destructing his own candidacy in spectacular fashion. It’s going to be a disaster in November if Democrats don’t do something drastic to turn things around.

• @Zaktor@sopuli.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        English
        35 months ago

I don’t get what you’re trying to say here. Being appointed by Merrick Garland doesn’t make him not a Republican or definitely not a ideologue. Centrist Democrats love picking conservatives for positions because it will demonstrate how enlightened they are and definitely (100%, for sure) defuse any criticism that an acquittal was political.

• @ira@lemmy.mlOP
          link
          fedilink
          -45 months ago

So the Biden administration is appointing fascist sympathizers to highly sensitive positions?

If there’s a fascist at the table…