• @DashboTreeFrog
    link
    English
    45 months ago

Exciting to hear there won’t be any kind of pass and such but am worried mostly on what might be lost from the single player campaign if multiplayer is used as the main selling point.

If multiplayer is more of a separate sandbox mode or something similar then I can easily imagine this working, but I’m wary of narrative games that are optimized for multiplayer. Easy to feel like you’re losing out by not playing with friends for the whole thing and for me personally, I enjoy the ability to play these kinds of games at my pace which is harder to do co-op.

• @Sethayy@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      35 months ago

Have you tried the original subnautica coop mod? It does an amazing job at essentially just adding another player to the world, and it doesnt break the flow of anything anywhere (tbh it just feels like what would happen with 2+ survivors instead of 1)

• @Donut@leminal.space
      link
      fedilink
      English
      15 months ago

No need to be worried (yet)

However, Unknown Worlds stresses the sequel “is not multiplayer-focused”, and that co-op is “entirely optional”, with players able to play the game entirely solo if they choose.