Compared to established, age-old platform? Yes, we’re less developed. But do you know what’s even worse? Corporate greed! Rest assured, we’ll improve and mature over time.

• PatFusty
    link
    fedilink
    -21 year ago

This article reads like a true reddit dick rider. If you were on reddit pre 2015 you would know lemmy feels like old reddit. I actually kind of love it

• @truffle@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      11 year ago

Pre 2015 Reddit had quite a bit more activity even back then. But I like the small community feel rn. It’s just that most communities are lacking and content discovery is hard in this federated universe

• @MonkeyScryer@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        11 year ago

Part of me is wondering if the whole reddit-style format will die with Reddit the way blogs kind of aren’t a thing anymore.

• AreaSIX
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Stephen Colbert flashed the reddit alien on the Colbert report in 2009 I think. Reddit was very usable with a lot of traffic even back then. Lemmy isn’t going to get a shout out on a major mainstream show anytime soon is my guess. It’s not a fair comparison, it’ll take a long time for Lemmy to get to 2015 Reddit levels as far as polish and traffic goes.