• @0x4E4F@sh.itjust.worksOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    5 months ago

It has a learning curve, no doubt there, but once you’re passed it, it really isn’t that hard IMO.

But yes, under the hood, it’s a completely different beast compared to Windows. But, one of the many things I like about it are, everything is fixed, installed, patched, debugged from a single app, the terminal. I’m sorry, I’m just way past the point of playing cat and mouse with MS. And they always have some next thing lined up in their arsenal to take even more privilges away from the user. Sorry, that’s just not me any more. It was bad enough we had to do it with their “LTSC” versions (Windows before Windows 10), now they change shit every update and I’m supposed to find ways to circumvent that every few months 🤨. I got to the point where I had more software installed that circumvented this or that feature in Windows, than I had real software installed that I was supposed to actually use for every day work. It’s just not something I like doing any more. I got tired and I’d rather invest my time in something constructive.

• @Delusion6903
      link
      English
      55 months ago

I don’t think Windows is suitable as a daily driver for most people’s personal computers. For some business seeking MS support… maybe.

• @0x4E4F@sh.itjust.worksOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        25 months ago

No, I absolutely agree that it isn’t. Businesses? Maybe, but your everyday Joe, no.

But, on the other hand, the Windows logo is all they know, so you change that with something else in the app (start) menu and they start freaking out 😱.