Several team execs, sponsors and player agents tell me they are bracing for the NHL’s possible release of an investigation report re an alleged sexual assault involving as many as eight players on Canada’s 2018 world juniors team. If NHL names and suspends players allegedly involved, affected players would likely appeal any sanctions to an arbitrator, as per CBA, and may pursue defamation lawsuits vs league, said agent of one player who attended 2018 Hockey Canada gala. (While an investigating officer in October wrote in court documents he believes there are grounds to charge at least five players, police in London continue to decline comment other than to say an investigation is ongoing.)

• @dishpanman@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    61 year ago

Good find. Eight players off that team has a good chance of affecting NHL teams and players. Red Wings currently have two players from that roster in Veleno and McIsaac. Laf and Byram were on that team roster as well.

• 佐藤カズマ
      link
      fedilink
      English
      21 year ago

I could see Laf being involved (blind guessing), but that fucking pains me.