• @jivandabeast@lemmy.browntown.dev
    link
    fedilink
    English
    175 months ago

Honestly over the last year since the great migration, the discussions on lemmy have really grown and matured to the point where i don’t really see the value of reddit anymore

• @crimroy@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      English
      134 months ago

The real value of reddit for me lies in its cache of information contained in answers to questions from over the years. Whenever I’m looking online for a solution to a problem I’m trying to solve I’ll eventually add “reddit” to the search and I almost always find the answer that way.

• @vladmech@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      64 months ago

The only use I have for Reddit anymore is for super niche information. For example we were planning to go to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom today but it’s going to rain this afternoon. I checked their site and it said they were open 11-6, my BIL checked their app and at 11:30 it said they were currently closed. Found a Reddit post from someone confirming the park was closed for the weekend, and we didn’t waste a trip up. (as an extra annoying aside, apparently this information was posted on Six Flag’s Instagram page, because expecting a huge company to maintain a website is I guess just too much when they can offload it to social media.)

• @Kedly@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      14 months ago

For me there’s still value in the niche communities like r/rimworld and the like, but for everything else I’m firmly on Lemmy now