What can you get to within a 15-minute walk of your house?

A recent YouGov survey asked Americans what they think they should be able to get to within a 15-minute walk of their house.

Of these choices, I can currently walk to all of them from my apartment, aside from a university (no biggie, I’m not currently studying, although there is a Tafe within walking distance), a hospital, and a sports arena.

How many can you get to with a 15 minute walk from your house?

#fuckcars #walkability #urbanism #UrbanPlanning @fuck_cars #walking

• Scrubbles
    link
    fedilink
    English
    55 months ago

I think you’re confusing a simple bar and a downtown bar area. I have a bar a block from me, no noise, low key. Neighborhood bars are generally more go and grab a beer locally, but you don’t get massive crowds.

Very different rules too, they have a lower noise tolerance compared to a bar area. It’s something that’s honestly really nice, a place for locals to go watch the game or have a beer, and be able to walk home. It’s honestly a luxury that we have it

• @SorryQuick@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      25 months ago

Yeah, I lived right next to a bar as a kid and this has never been an issue. The only times it got loud, it was planned in advance and the bar owner actually asked my parents permission before doing their thing. This happened like once a year, the rest of the time, I didn’t hear a thing.

• Scrubbles
        link
        fedilink
        English
        14 months ago

Suburbanites, terrified of the smallest amount of convenience my man