Dollarama customers who purchased a products subject to an eco fee — such as batteries, electronics, light bulbs or toys with batteries — may be eligible to claim a gift card.

The Montreal law firm of LPC Avocats Inc., announced Tuesday that the proposed national settlement has been reached in a class-action lawsuit about prices advertised and charged by Dollarama for products subject to an Environmental Handling Fee (EHF). It’s subject to court approval in April.

There website to register for the gift card is here.

Cut off date for registration is April 5, 2024.

• AutoTL;DRB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    34 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

Dollarama customers who purchased a products subject to an eco fee — such as batteries, electronics, light bulbs or toys with batteries — may be eligible to claim a gift card.

The Montreal law firm of LPC Avocats Inc., announced Tuesday that the proposed national settlement has been reached in a class-action lawsuit about prices advertised and charged by Dollarama for products subject to an Environmental Handling Fee (EHF).

The plaintiff in the lawsuit alleged that the Montreal-based retailer did not properly display the price of products subject to EHF and charged a total price or EHF higher than displayed or allowed by law.

A hearing on April 9, 2024 will decide whether to approve the settlement before any compensation is provided to class members.

Anyone who purchased a product subject to an EHF from Dollarama in Quebec between Dec. 11, 2019, and July 4, 2023, or elsewhere in Canada between May 29, 2021, to July 4, 2023, could obtain a gift card with a maximum value of $15.00.

To claim a gift card, eligible customers must provide their email address by April 5, 2024.

The original article contains 194 words, the summary contains 175 words. Saved 10%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!