• Flying Squid
    link
    fedilink
    145 months ago

OP was trying to convince people yesterday, apparently with their powers of prognostication, that the DNC will drop Biden for another candidate at the convention.

I’d ask them how they know, but they troll me when I ask them questions.

• @dhork@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      55 months ago

Oh, there is a non-zero chance that Biden will not be the nominee, but if it happens it will be over his dead body, literally.

• Flying Squid
        link
        fedilink
        75 months ago

Agreed, but that is not what they were claiming. They were claiming the DNC would remove Biden as the frontrunner after deeming him too old.

• @return2ozma@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          -45 months ago

The DNC won’t remove him. Biden will “heroically” step down (with dementia diagnosis or some other reason) and the DNC will pick the nominee.

• Flying Squid
            link
            fedilink
            75 months ago

At the risk of you trolling me as usual, can you please explain how you could possibly know something like that will happen six months before the convention?

• norbert
            link
            fedilink
            55 months ago

Oh so you’re a crazy person. It’s probably all being controlled by the deep state or something eh?

• norbert
                link
                fedilink
                edit-2
                5 months ago

That’s a non-sequitur and I’m not sure what that has to do with Biden dropping out. Do you think he’ll drop out of the race as well?

• Sentrovasi
                  link
                  fedilink
                  05 months ago

Not sure if I’m not getting something or you’re not getting something, but it doesn’t seem like a non-sequitur. The idea is that if the DNC chooses its candidates, it can force Biden to step down by pressuring him, forcing him to take the route of “heroically stepping down” (publicly) return2ozma predicts will happen.

Now I don’t think it’s likely because Biden seems as establishment as it gets, but saying that the DNC chooses who wins the primary is not a non-sequitur in that scenario.

• norbert
                    link
                    fedilink
                    edit-2
                    5 months ago

Yes, the DNC is going to force the incumbent president to step down so they can run some as-yet-unknown candidate. See how stupid that sounds? It’s like some people don’t even live in the same reality as the rest of us, they’re just looking for their opportunity to say "well akshully!

They’re just shitposting, wasting bandwidth, contributing nothing.

• norbert
                link
                fedilink
                55 months ago

The evidence that Biden will drop out and the DNC will run someone else is a think-piece by Ezra Klein where he doesn’t actually say that?

• @jordanlund@lemmy.worldM
            link
            fedilink
            45 months ago

Will never happen as long as Trump is the candidate.

Here’s a scenario:

1. Trump gets disabled, either medically or legally, whatever.

2. Republican convention in July picks a new candidate.

3. Biden dusts his hands off, goes “My work here is done…” and steps aside.

4. Democratic convention in August picks a new candidate.