For example, I’m a white Jewish guy but I’ve adopted the Japanese practice of keeping dedicated house slippers at the front door.

• @EmoDuck@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    121 year ago

I’ve always used high beams as a thank you/I’m letting you pass/bro, your headlights are off, depending on the context.

Here in Germany it’s common to quickly flash your hazards when you’re on the highway and enter a traffic jam to signal the person behind you “Watch out, I’m slowing down and won’t accelerate again”

• @BettyWhiteInHD@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      51 year ago

I’ve always used high beams as a thank you/I’m letting you pass/bro, your headlights are off, depending on the context.

Same, except it don’t work if you’re in front of the car that let you. Haven’t heard of the hazard lights to slow down in traffic, but it makes sense.

Another one that I don’t think is too common is flashing your lights if you’ve passed a speed trap. I see it around here occasionally and it warms my heart every time. Motorcyclists do the same to other 2-wheelers, but tap on their helmet instead of flashing lights.