• @chuckleslord@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    edit-2
    4 months ago

That’s a really shitty way to talk about your partner. Is this supposed to be funny or something? I’m neurodivergent and can’t tell

• @KevonLooney@lemm.ee
        cake
        link
        fedilink
        694 months ago

If anything, this guy is describing a healthy relationship. You don’t have to have a discussion where you share your heart and feelings about every issue. That’s exhausting having to learn and grow all the time.

Imagine a friend that you joke around and are comfortable with. You would say “fuck you, I’ll drip wherever I want. You’re just mad because you have no drip.” That’s a healthy relationship.

• @chuckleslord@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        144 months ago

Ya know what? I was getting a bit frustrated by the reaction to this, but this genuinely brightened my night. I… don’t get people sometimes, but I do enjoy this place.

• @braxy29@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      254 months ago

someone can totally love their partner and still find some of the stuff they do infuriating.

also my oldest kid did this. it’s infuriating! (but i love him.)

• @h3rm17@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      74 months ago

Sure, that’s exactly what your comment history seems to imply. You are not using it as an excuse at all (even if you are)

• lemmyvore
      link
      fedilink
      English
      -424 months ago

Bashing your partner is a really popular form of humor, unfortunately. The older sitcoms for example are full of it. It gets appreciated not because it’s great humor but because it’s a form of coping with the issues, for both the one making the joke and the ones laughing.