Like even if they have nothing else they could just leak IP is there any law against it ? Or any technical aspect stopping them ?

• The wild cardOP
    link
    fedilink
    24 months ago

I use tor for most thing so i am not at all worried about those. But for lemmy i just use jerboa .

• @bloodfart@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      24 months ago

Get a vpn. It’ll make you less worried.

The gold standard is mullvad paid for with cash, but lots of stuff blocks their exit ips so if you get pissed off by that, use express or nord or whatever gets high ratings from websites that see if their exit nodes are blocked.

• Zoot
        link
        fedilink
        14 months ago

Tor is also so ungodly slow as a browser. At least in mt experience many years ago. Plus one on the VPN. Best way to stay hidden unless someone REALLY wants to know who you are, and has big money behind them.

• @bloodfart@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      4 months ago

I just want to comment again and say that the obfuscation that a vpn provides is only one part of concealing your identity. Your browser identifies itself with a unique token every time you visit a website and if that site asks to see your cookies the browser will happily let them, giving another avenue for tracking. Sites often use tracking pixels that report the screen rendering geometry which pretty much identifies your browser and device and if all else fails they can just clock the only motherfucker running arch and ice weasel coming out of the expressvpn chicago node.