• Shadow
    link
    fedilink
    edit-2
    4 months ago

I think it’s reasonable to say that most users and admins came to lemmy looking for a reddit alternative in the Fediverse. At first glance, lemmy ticks this box pretty perfectly.

Once you dig deeper though, it’s obvious the devs don’t share the same vision as some of those new admins and users. That’s fine, it’s their software, they can do what they want with it. It just means maybe it’s time to move onto something better, maybe that’s going to be sublinks.

• Gaywallet (they/it)OPM
      link
      fedilink
      444 months ago

We were explicitly looking to not replicate Reddit - while both are link aggregator websites, we didn’t particularly like the general vibe present on Reddit. I think a lot of folks on Beehaw agree with that premise, but functionally speaking there’s not a huge difference between the platforms or communities. A lot of the difference seems to be about the vision and philosophy of what the place can and should be.

• Shadow
        link
        fedilink
        364 months ago

Given the goals and focus of beehaw, I honestly expected you to defederate from the rest of us. Thank you for not, and sticking around as a positive force in our community ❤️