• 🐝bownage [they/he]
    link
    fedilink
    304 months ago

Thanks Beehaw admins for continuing to have a vision for a better internet and for reminding me once again that there really are online communities that try to be and do good.

I don’t post or comment a lot on Beehaw specifically, because I often feel like I won’t have the energy or head space to write something that really contributes to the community. It’s a strange sort of impostor syndrome related idea where I feel like the quality of content on Beehaw should be so high that I might not reach it without really trying. After all, I want the community to be the best it can be(e).

That being said, I do read a lot of what’s going on here and I especially appreciate the frequent posters on the communities I subscribe to. Taking into account the issues with lemmy as illuminated by the Beehaw admins here, I feel some sense of urgency - I want to protect Beehaw, its content and its community of kind people from disappearing, or having its continuation be threatened, simply because it exists on lemmy.

I guess in the end I just want to say that I really appreciate that the admin team is taking steps to preserve the wonderful community they have built and cultivated. While I haven’t been that excited about Beehaw potentially moving to a different platform, you make a very good case for it and I’d honestly be happy to follow Beehaw wherever it goes :)

• Gaywallet (they/it)OPM
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      4 months ago

I really appreciate you taking the time to write this up. I want to assure you that not everything has to be perfectly worded and your presence and words are always contributions whether you feel they are or not 💜💜 After all, you cannot know what someone else is thinking or how much they appreciate what you’ve said, especially if they worry about their ability to contribute too!

As for the community itself, don’t worry, we’re not going to let it languish or disappear. I can’t speak for the entire admin team, but it’s one of the highlights of my life and will do everything in my power to keep it healthy. With that being said a community is not a one person job and I’m glad people like you are around to contribute 😄

• Chris Remington
        link
        fedilink
        144 months ago

I can’t speak for the entire admin team, but it’s one of the highlights of my life and will do everything in my power to keep it healthy.

Same here!