• @LallyLuckFarm@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    244 months ago

I always appreciate how much thought, effort, and time you all put into these documents and the community and everything; thank you from the bottom of my heart. There’s no place I’d rather bee, and whatever direction ends up being taken I’ll gladly come along.

There was an event I used to go to every few months. When you got there, you’d head up to the registration tent to check in but the first thing said to you was always “welcome home!” and the second was “do you like hugs?”. That’s how it feels here, like walking into a tent of people who care that you’re here because they want you to share in the positivity they’ve found.

• @millie@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      174 months ago

There’s definitely something about walking down a trail in the woods carrying a bunch of gear a mile or two when suddenly you start running into hippies coming the other way, welcoming you home and telling you you’re almost there. And then it becomes trail-side camps, and then the big tent.

I think I need to go find a council. :D

• @LallyLuckFarm@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        54 months ago

Not trying to belabor this analogy but I’ve been thinking about what you said all day and:

You’re totally right, but every, every interaction I’ve had with another bee feels like they’re the kind of person who’d turn around right after walking past you on the trail and say, “you know, I forgot something back there. Can I help you carry anything?”

And I’m completely here for it

• @millie@beehaw.org
          link
          fedilink
          English
          64 months ago

That wasn’t an analogy, it was a description of a rainbow gathering! :D That’s a real place!