• @Sylvartas@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    354 months ago

But the question I ask myself everytime is : how carefully timed is it really, if everyone has to wait so much ?

• @TheAlbatross@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      4 months ago

Dunno bout your PCP’s office, but I know some hospital workers and it seems like there’s a lotta time waiting for transport because they’re understaffed, underpaid. Also, lotta piss and shit related delays. Sometimes those compound.

Believe it or not, lotsa “customers” in hospitals aren’t, like, operating at peak efficiency. So there’s a lotta small delays that occur for normal consequences of that. A fifteen minute delay here because a patient can’t move very quickly. A ten minute delay as a patient thinks they have to pee but no one can find a bed pan and they can’t use a toilet. Then they don’t have to pee. A thirty minute delay because they can’t find the right kind of stretcher for a particular patient. An hour delay because, while you were scheduled to get your outpatient test done at 4 P.M. sharp, someone else from the Emergency Room needed that sort of test done ASAP.

• @TheAlbatross@lemmy.blahaj.zone
          link
          fedilink
          edit-2
          4 months ago

This is a different kind of issue, one I think a lotta people would be more familiar with. Management setting unrealistic goals and targets. Yes, those kinds of delays are so common they should be baked into the time expectations. However, that would result in fewer billable services forecasted per period. That bad. Want more money. While doctors offices should be immune to that kind of shitty behavior, they are still ultimately business and thus they gotta operate with that forever growing, profit forward behavior.