• @son_named_bort@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    874 months ago

Airports work like this. You arrive two hours before takeoff only to find out like half an hour before takeoff that the flight is delayed because there’s no plane.

• Transporter Room 3
      link
      fedilink
      244 months ago

I spent 3 days in an airport because storms near Chicago caused a ripple of delays and cancelations all over the country, I was constantly being told “okay your new flight leaves in 5 hours” and I was in a city over 100 miles away from home with no transportation.

Overall I had tickets and replacement tickets for 9 flights. Honestly given some of the times we found out there was no plane, I didn’t believe we would get to board even as they were calling boarding groups.

• FenrirIII
      link
      fedilink
      224 months ago

My favorite was receiving a text notification at 5:30AM thar my 8AM flight was canceled. Ruined my entire vacation

• @JCreazy@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      104 months ago

I was on a lay over and was lined up ready to board and they cancelled the flight. Was told to go to customer service to find another flight. Conveniently two other flights were canceled around the same time so they were over 900 people in the customer service line. After waiting about 45 minutes in line and moving about 20 spots forward and asking multiple airline employees that had no idea what was going on. I get a text message that my flight had been rebooked to a flight that had been delayed earlier in the day and it has finally showed up but it’s leaving in 15 minutes and it’s in a different terminal. I booked it over there and made the flight. Anyway, it was a mess. Extremely unorganized, handled terribly and it was just an all around piss poor experience. Did I get compensation for the inconvenience and time wasted? Of course not. Airline are allowed to charge hundreds of dollars and fuck things up without consequences.

• @TORFdot0@lemmy.world
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      English
      34 months ago

There is no plane because everyone on board the inbound flight died when your 737 MAX crashed because of an MCAS failure and also all the bolts fell off.