• @Juno@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      07 months ago

Maybe you don’t know how to use quotation marks; or how to use “essentially” in conjunction with them.

I never said that, but it only takes one really bad meal for me to stop eating at a restaurant. I don’t need to try every new menu item the restaurant makes.

A bot is promoting the videos without watching them, what’s it to you if I want to do the similar/opposite but have had food from this place before?

• @KairuByte@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        17 months ago

Quotation marks do not inherently mean a verbatim quote, especially when I use the word “essentially” meaning “used to emphasize the basic, fundamental, or intrinsic nature of a person, thing, or situation.”

The bot isn’t “promoting” the content, it simply makes a new post when a video goes up. Think of it as cross posting into a very specific community, and giving Lemmy users a place to talk about it.

You literally went into a community dedicated to LTT and said “go away Linus.” It’s like walking into that restaurant and yelling about how bad the food is while people are trying to eat. And you’re ranting about a meal they aren’t even eating.

• @Juno@beehaw.org
          link
          fedilink
          07 months ago

Sounds like the definition of promoting to me. I’ll be promoting my idea as mindlessly as a bot makes a post in the meantime.

But I’m not asking for or needing your advice. Maybe, bugger off? Eh? I’ve my opinion on Linus and his company and I’ll say what I like, thanks.

Go on saying what you like but leave me out of your conversation, stranger.