• @malloc@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    81 year ago

The explanation from Apple does not give “why” they are removing financing for carrier unlocked phones.

Is this pushback from the major carriers?

Is GS trying to reduce their liability by offloading financing to major carriers?

So many questions unanswered.

• @iamlyth@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      51 year ago

It really is strange and upsetting they didn’t explain this move. I’m on a friend and family plan and it’s way easier to just buy the phone on my own and do a sim transfer than to call my account holder friend and make him take time out of his day to setup my phone

• @FiendishFork@lemmy.worldOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        31 year ago

I feel like it has to be some sort of contract renegotiation between Apple and the carriers, doesn’t make a lot of sense for Apple to just do this independently.

• dorokian
      link
      fedilink
      English
      31 year ago

I remember there were some articles about how the Apple Card has been kind of a mess for GS and maybe even a money loser on their end.

• @CosmicRift@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      21 year ago

Most likely is GS trying to cut down on credit card lending, like all banks are now, and this is an easy way for them to do it without saying that they are. Of course they won’t come out and say that, which is probably why there’s no explanation or big announcement for this