Alt text: A picture of an older smiling white man with long curly white hair is holding his jacket open, revealing a vest, tie and a gold medal around his neck. The text reads: In 2013, Brian May of Queen bought 157 acres of land that was about to be developed into buildings. He planted trees with the help of volunteers and restored it into a thriving woodland. The area is called “May’s Woodland” and has over 100,000 trees growing there.

• @delirious_owl
    link
    52 months ago

Please don’t post pictures with text without transcribing the text. Blind people cannot read thus post.

• Gaywallet (they/it)
      link
      fedilink
      62 months ago

Alt text: A picture of an older smiling white man with long curly white hair is holding his jacket open, revealing a vest, tie and a gold medal around his neck. The text reads: In 2013, Brian May of Queen bought 157 acres of land that was about to be developed into buildings. He planted trees with the help of volunteers and restored it into a thriving woodland. The area is called “May’s Woodland” and has over 100,000 trees growing there.

• @sqgl@beehaw.orgOP
      link
      fedilink
      42 months ago

Sorry, ideally I would but don’t have the time so it is either a picture without text or no post. Vision impaired people aren’t catered to either way so I have not inconvenienced them by posting.

Soon enough bots will do it for us.

• Rozaŭtuno
        link
        fedilink
        32 months ago

https://f-droid.org/packages/io.github.subhamtyagi.ocr/

It takes literally seconds.

In 2013, Brian May of Queen bought 157 acres of land that was about to be developed into buildings. He planted trees with the help of volunteers and restored it into a thriving woodland. The area is called “May’s Woodland” and has over 100,000 trees growing there.

• @AnarchistArtificer@slrpnk.net
          link
          fedilink
          English
          32 months ago

Thank you for sharing this tool, it’s a new thing to me. I’ve been working on incorporating the inclusion of image descriptions into my regular practice (such as adding alt text for images I share in group chats, not just posts that I intend to share more widely). I appreciate your suggestion here - it looks like it will be useful in making that more of a reliable habit

• @delirious_owl
        link
        22 months ago

Then please delete your post. You’re doing harm.