For me, Google video search, Google books (Internet Archive is good, but doesn’t always have the same stuff), Adobe InDesign (but in the process of learning LaTeX), and Typewise. As for the Google stuff, I liked Whoogle a lot, but almost all their instances seem to have been blocked or shut down. Also, apologies if this is repeating an earlier post.

• @delirious_owl
    link
    26 months ago

Oh, yeah, I wouldn’t use the app. I lock that type of shit in special “untrustworthy” VMs so its sandboxes from everything. The VM gets destroyed every time the browser is closed.

But it is closed source software that I do need to use from time to time.

I dont even get asked to install the app. Maybe check your notification settings to turn that off

• RBG
      link
      fedilink
      16 months ago

Its not a notification like that. I open the site in the mobile browser, not a PWA in case you are thinking that.

There is a small “pop-up” at the bottom then that asks you to use their app instead. But its not even layering over the site so you could just leave it be.

• @icewave@proit.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        edit-2
        6 months ago

If you have firefox mobile and ublock origin installed, open the addon settings and select my filters. Add the following (picked with ublock on desktop):

www.linkedin.com##.z-10.w-full.p-2.left-0.bottom-0.fixed.flex-col.flex.bg-color-background-container.rounded-t-\[20px\].text-left.promo-bottom-sheet__card
        www.linkedin.com##.overlay

Then apply changes. You should no longer have that annoying banner at the bottom of the page

• @delirious_owl
        link
        16 months ago

Oh, then I guess I dont see it because I’m using a desktop user agent