Elon Musk just turned your DMs into an ad for Twitter Blue. But you can change it back. Here’s how.

• @crazystuff
    link
    11 year ago

The more they kick users out, the more biased towards Musk fans the feeds will be. I’d dare to say that a vast majority are American right-wingers. If they’re losing advertising revenue now, imagine when it starts looking exactly like Truth Social or Parler…

• NotTheOnlyGamer
      link
      fedilink
      31 year ago

I’m not really upset over that. If the major platforms become more polarized, I expect that things will get more decentralized over time, which isn’t a bad thing. If conservatives are more able and willing to spend money on online communication, then let them. Everyone has a right to spend their money as they see most fit.

• @crazystuff
        link
        21 year ago

Ah yeah, I totally agree! I was just thinking from the point of view of twitter as a business, that it might not “work” for them, money wise

• TimeSquirrel
        link
        fedilink
        edit-2
        1 year ago

It’s all well and good, “let them do their thing”, but when my family gets together and it seems like some of them have been living in an entirely different reality than me, it’s not something I can just shrug off anymore. It’s tearing people apart. I don’t know what to do about the polarization, but I do know we can’t keep going like this without society snapping at some point.

• @givesomefucks@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      21 year ago

I’d dare to say that a vast majority are American right-wingers.

By land mass and electoral representation… Maybe.

But by sheer amount of people, no, it’s not even close.