• abc [he/him, comrade/them]
    link
    fedilink
    English
    583 months ago

Lol? This has to be bait and I can’t believe I’m gonna take it - but fuck it I’ve got time.

I prefer America stop waging war all over the world resulting in millions of civilian casualties. Trump is the only President in decades who has delivered on not starting new wars.

I mean, officially sure - but you seem to be forgetting that Trump literally boosted civilian causalities in Afghanistan by like 300% during his time in office and killed 700 Afghan civilians in 2019 with airstrikes alone, which only pales in comparison to the number of Afghan civilian deaths due to coalition airstrikes in 2001.

What about Iraq & Syria? Airwars lists over 13k alleged civilian deaths during Trump’s term in office from US & coalition airstrikes.

Does that mean nothing to you? I mean - yeah, Joe Biden has perpetuated the conflict in Gaza and is directly responsible as the figurehead of the US government for its support of Israel’s murder of 30k civilians, but he isn’t personally signing off on the airstrikes unlike Trump in Afghanistan.

Not to mention the fact that Trump was the first President to use the GBU-43/B MOAB in an Afganistan airstrike - literally the most powerful non-nuclear bomb the US possesses.

I haven’t even mentioned Yemen (86 civilians were killed in Trump authorized airstrikes/raids there between 2017-2018)

If you prefer America stop waging war all over the world and bringing untold horror to the lives of innocent people - maybe don’t vote for Trump either??? I mean, I’m certainly not telling you to vote for Biden but it sounds like you’ve rationalized Trump as some sort of ‘salt of the earth populist who says nasty things’ rather than what he actually is - a bourgeoisie figurehead war-criminal beholden to their corporate lobbyists and political parties like every other President.

Highly recommend you log off and turn off any televisions or other electronics & go outside and get some sunlight for at least 3 hours - you’ll probably realize how dumb your comment is after you’ve gotten some vitamin d in your system! stalin-approval

• Greenleaf [he/him]
      link
      fedilink
      English
      73 months ago

and killed 700 Afghan civilians in 2019 with airstrikes alone

A fun fact people here might enjoy… Americans have been deeply propagandized for decades about the Berlin Wall. My niece just entered high school, and in their section on the Cold War, the only thing they learned about the GDR was “Berlin Wall scary and bad”.

700 civilian deaths from air strikes in Afghanistan in a single year is precisely five times as many people who were killed climbing the wall in total in the four decades of its existence.