It is something to always take into consideration and not forget.

• @delirious_owl
      link
      edit-2
      3 months ago

This is usually how I intro documentation for tech projects. Its good practice for technical docs, doesn’t necessarily mean its an LLM

• prole
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      English
      73 months ago

Yeah, that’s what I was going to say. Thank god that shit didn’t exist when I was in college, or every paper I ever wrote would have been flagged. I guess I write like a robot.

• Worth noting that there is a strong correlation between neurodivergence and falsely getting flagged for using AI. Apparently AI sounds autistic, so lots of autistic kids were getting flagged for AI use even when they wrote it themselves.

But if it helps, even ChatGPT has had to admit that AI detection is inaccurate and schools shouldn’t be relying on them.

• @delirious_owl
        link
        33 months ago

the twist is that the LLM writes like this because you trained it to do so with your term papers that it scraped

• @flamingarms@feddit.uk
        link
        fedilink
        edit-2
        3 months ago

Haha same! There’s a place for us though: if you ever get into research, robotic writing tends to work out fairly well!

• prole
          cake
          link
          fedilink
          English
          23 months ago

Thing is, I don’t even feel like I do write like a robot per-se… Maybe it’s more like I write like the average of every person who has ever written anything ever lol.

• @noodlejetski@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      03 months ago

yeah, which LLMs seem to be very fond of. every ChatGPT-written article I’ve seen includes “to sum up” and similar fillers.