I had them air fried before, and if you really inspect them and think about it you can tell they aren’t chicken (from the texture but the taste is identical IMO). But I had them fried in a deep fryer this weekend and they were indistinguishable from real chicken nuggets. I am flexitarian so it’s not like I haven’t eaten a chicken nugget in years, they are legit. Definitely recommend trying them if you are trying to cut your meat consumption or even if you are just curious.

They make animal shaped and spicy versions too

• @TowardsTheFuture@lemmy.zip
      link
      fedilink
      51 year ago

To add. Impossible is the brand they are talking about in this post. I agree they’re probably the best brand for basically anything they sell. They have burgers (patty and block form), chicken nuggets and patties in both normal and spicy, and breakfast sausage in log or patty form(also spicy/normal). (They also have some microwave meals but those are exactly what you’d expect from microwave meals… so probably don’t.)

Simulate is another brand that sells Simulate Nuggs (also have a spicy version). If for some reason you can’t find impossible but can find these, they’re a very close 2nd.

Beyond is another brand known to make decent stuff. Theirs is fine, definitely edible, but personally find theirs to be worse than the other two brands listed.

Gardein makes a ton of frozen meat substitutes. They’re all overall fine. Not AMAZING, but easy to use in everyday cooking for stuff like stir fries, tacos, etc. maybe slightly under beyond, but I tend to prefer them outside of what I buy Impossible brand stuff for.

• blazera
      link
      fedilink
      21 year ago

impossible is a brand. they also do really good imitation burgers