If you look here:

https://www.bloomberg.com/billionaires/

Bill Gates is only the 5th richest.

…but the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has an endowment total of $75.2 billion.

So, his wealth ($149 billion) + foundation ($75 billion) = $224 billion.

So, my question is…can he spend that foundation money any way he wants instead of spending his personal money? If he wants a jet can he just use the foundation money? If so, then he is still the richest person in the world even though he does not get labeled as such in the news anymore.

• @Muscar
    link
    12 months ago

It’s hilarious how you don’t realise how the only thing you did with that comment is prove your idiocy, ignorance and that you have the attention span of a teenager with bad peers. You can’t just concentrate everything into 5 minute videos, most things worth learning about require more information and learning than that.

• Sorry chief.

Video is actually a really terrible medium with which to convey actual information, it’s only benefit is that it makes information more palettable to people not accustomed to learning things.

It genuinely concerns me that there are people like your good self who think that a youtube video is a good way to learn about a complex and nuanced topic like charities, non profits, and philanthropy.

To be clear, the “explainer” producing the linked video is in the business of selling views, not providing balanced, reliable information. These two objectives are incongruous.

Sadly, your comment says more about your own inability to absorb information than it does about mine. “Hilarious” indeed.