• @Pronell@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    82 months ago

I saw him a few years ago when he came to town. Felt weird giving an immensely rich man more money to deliver dated material to us but it was indeed a good show.

He did ten minutes on raisins. It wasn’t mind-blowingly funny but who else could do ten minutes on raisins?

All in all I’m glad I got a chance to see one of the greats live.

I’ve seen him, Gallagher (when I was young enough that he was still funny to me, plus I was in the front row), George Carlin, Stephen Wright, Patton Oswalt, Brian Posehn, Tig Notaro, Maria Bamford, and at least a dozen others plus openers that I’m not remembering at the moment.

Not one show has been a bad one.

• AwkwardLookMonkeyPuppet
      link
      fedilink
      English
      52 months ago

Wow, that’s quite the list. I wanted to see Gallagher so bad as a kid. I thought he was hilarious. A few years ago I found out that he had become the epitome of bitter old man, and was a far right wack-a-doodle in his final days. Sad stuff, man.

• @Pronell@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        32 months ago

Definitely what he turned into. At least I got a watermelon smashed onto me back when he hadn’t completely degenerated.

Anyone who isn’t familiar, listen to Marc Maron’s WTF episode with Gallagher.