Welcome to the RD thread!

This is a place for casual random chat and discussion.

A reminder for everyone to always follow the community rules and observe the Code of Conduct.

Mobile apps:

Quick tips:

Footnotes:

• Daily artwork is “Itak sa Puso ni Mang Juan” by Antipas Delotavo
  • Report inappropriate comments and violators
  • Message the moderation team for any issues
  • the_yayaOPM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    41 year ago

Happy weekend!

Today’s Ask PHlemmy: What is your favorite poverty meal that you still eat regardless of where you are financially?

• @mr_m00@lemmy.world
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      English
      411 months ago

Eggs, tuyo, instant noodles. If not that lazy, beans.

When outside in Baguio, meron pa yung karinderya sa Porta with 55 peso budget meal na 2 rice, 2 meat, and sabaw.

• @ningningngbituin@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        411 months ago
        • egg! whether hard boiled, fried, even raw kung masabaw, pero personal fave to add is yung scrambled na medyo crispy. tho parang mas omelette ata yun kesa scrambled haha
    • @svncake@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      311 months ago

Rice mixed in a bit of soy sauce especially pag may halong calamansi. Unhealthy pero it lowkey slaps for me

• @heliosef@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      11 months ago

Peanut butter sandwich. I can live (and have lived) off of it for a few days. That and liver spread sandwich.

During the height of the pandemic, I learned about peanut butter on instant noodles and I found it amazing. Also instant noodles on bread.

I do earn enough for proper meals, but at times I get too lazy to prepare (i.e. buy) food and the unbalanced/unhealthy “meal options” above are just very convenient.

• megane-kun
      link
      fedilink
      English
      211 months ago

Unripe (but not too unripe) saba bananas dipped in fish bagoong.

Also, lugaw/arroz caldo/goto with nothing in it but rice. I’ve even made an imitation version of it via (instant) oatmeal, instant noodle seasoning, guinisa mix, and some grated (chicken) bouillon cubes.

• decadentrebelM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      211 months ago

Instant Yakisoba. I just ate one yesterday, as a matter of fact.