I didn’t have a Gameboy until I was… too late.

Are the original Pokemon games worth visiting for the first time? I know there is some nostalgic reasoning to play them, but should I try it as someone who hasn’t ever played one?

Have any of you done this?

• Saturdaycat
    link
    fedilink
    111 months ago

Well if fomo is making you want to play it, use an emulator because moving around is soooo slow ! :) But the music rocks and it’s nice. Idk I didn’t play many Pokemon games but as a kid I was obsessed with red blue and yellow. For some reason I didn’t enjoy crystal that much and I liked emerald kind of, but then I stopped playing Pokemon games pretty much after that

• jgrim of SublinksOPMA
      link
      111 months ago

Now I understand why people were saying with fast forward. I’m wondering more and more why so many people loved it.

• Saturdaycat
        link
        fedilink
        111 months ago

Well at the time of it being around, handheld was novel. Before pokemon was tamagotchi for me. So pokemon was hugely expansive. It was just a different time

• jgrim of SublinksOPMA
          link
          111 months ago

I had a giga pet. It was the only choice and it was novel. Now it’s nostalgic.

• Saturdaycat
            link
            fedilink
            111 months ago

Then just imagine for kids back then pokemon to be like tamagotchi/digimon with a story and collection haha! That’s basically what it was, and the artwork was so fascinating for what they had to work with back then. It felt so whimsical and alien with the designs back in those graphics.

Before yellow, red and blue just had this otherworldly look and feel to it. And the pokemon universe was brand new, so it felt so mysterious.

• jgrim of SublinksOPMA
              link
              111 months ago

I’ll never get that. It’s too lat to heal my FOMO. :(