• @pearsaltchocolatebar
    link
    English
    11 month ago

You don’t have to fully toast it. The bread doesn’t even have to brown. You just want to dry out the top layer a tiny bit.

• @ricecake@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      41 month ago

I’m always down to try new things, so I’ll give it a shot for breakfast or lunch.
      I have doubts it’ll be as squishy as I like, but I’ll report back. If it’s not as okay as I’ve been led to believe, I’ll be absolutely neutral and keep eating my sandwich. Maybe say “hmm” or something.

• @subtext@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        31 month ago

Try using your toaster’s bagel setting if it has one to minimize the toasting of the outside (I have no dog in the fight, just something I thought about)

• @ricecake@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          English
          31 month ago

That’s a great idea, and I would do it, but: after I bought my toaster I realized far too late to return it that the bagel setting is a lie. It heats both sides, it’s just adjusting the timer to be right for bagels. While still cooking both sides for not good reason.

It might be the angriest I’ve ever been at a small appliance, if you couldn’t tell by my sharing this anecdote almost entirely unprompted.