• ThePowerOfGeek
    link
    fedilink
    English
    181 month ago

I have no idea why anyone still goes to McDogsbreath (I’ll likely hear some reasons in responses to this comment, but I’ve heard them before and don’t buy them). Back in the day I rarely had positive experiences when I was dragged out there reluctantly. Plasticy food of subpar quality, and very uncomfortable, plastic furniture.

And in recent years, between the prices quadrupling, the limited menu for people who don’t like burgers, the shite Wi-Fi, and now them not even being willing to lose 10c on a relatively small % of customers who get a soda refill… Why go there at all! There are so many better fast food options than that disaster of a chain.

• @EatATaco@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        31 month ago

I’m not sure if they changed, or my taste changed, but the fries are almost inedible to me now. They smell fantastic still, but they just taste so fake.

• @Blisterexe@lemmy.zip
          link
          fedilink
          English
          21 month ago

They did change at some point in the 2000s, they used to use meat in the cooking, they don’t anymore

• @JamesTBagg@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        21 month ago

Their fries just fucking get me. They carry the meal. I don’t eat McD’s often but the fries always deliver the exact disappointment I’m expecting and I eat every single one.

• @ColeSloth@discuss.tchncs.de
          link
          fedilink
          English
          21 month ago

Their fries used to do it for me. A long time ago they were fried in tallow and they had a better ratio of longer fries. They also used an amount of salt that tasted good right after getting out of the fry oil so it would stick to the fries, but the huge difference was the oil. They tasted so much better. Now my favorite fry choice is Arby’s curly fries.

• @lightnsfw@reddthat.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      31 month ago

I agree with you that it’s shitty. The reason I go there is because the one near my house is the easiest place to get in and out of on the way to the highway when I’m going to my friends after work and need to grab something for dinner. 2 Mcdoubles is pretty cheap and have decent amount of protein. $6ish for dinner I can eat in the car.

• @IsThisAnAI@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          -11 month ago

It’s gone up but the ranting that is over $20 is overblown. I can get 2 bacon egg and cheese bagels for 4.50. Or I got a triple quarter pounder meal and a happy meal for like $20.

• Possibly linux
      link
      fedilink
      English
      01 month ago

The problem is that the soda machine takes maintenance and gets destroyed. They make a huge margin on Soda so I doubt that’s the problem.